NYC weirdness

I was in the Atlantic Avenue subway station one morning, on my way to work.  I looked across the tracks to the next platform and saw this:



And no one standing on that platform took any notice of him; the homeless are relatively invisible. But that is truly an odd pace to bed down ... I am fairly certain someone notified the transit workers and/or the police.  

I was eating lunch on the river walk, near the South Street seaport, when I saw this:




That's a fairly expensive camera he's holding.  they were shooting some sort of video,, they took at least 3 or 4 takes.  I'm not sure what it was all about, they were speaking in Russian, or some similar language.

NYC may be many things, but "boring" isn't one of them.

Comments

  1. I wonder what they could have been filming. Some docs go all over the world to get shots of the right thing to tell the story. I'm guessing it's something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only words I recognized were “New York”, and it was in a tourist-friendly area, so who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so sad about the homeless. You are right they almost always seem to be invisible by others.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin,

    It's sad to see the homeless. You never know the circumstances of each person. Some are there and don't want help or not bad enough to give up bad habits that probably put them on the streets to start with and then the others who were dealt a hard hand - job loss, poor financial decisions, or any other equally devastating things. Wouldn't it be grand if those people could get the assistance needed to climb out of this nightmare? Sadly, there's not much you can do for those refusing to change. Whatever the reason or cause it's still a disturbing situation. Hmm, interesting to notice the dude filming the couple. It would be neat to know what that was all about, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday