The Music is You


Music makes pictures and often tell stories, all of it magic and all of it true.
And all of the pictures and all of the stories, and all of the magic, the music is you.
Music makes pictures and often tell stories, all of it magic and all of it true.
And all of the pictures and all of the stories, and all of the magic, the music is you.


An artist touches you.  His words, his music become a part of you.  Memories, hopes, dreams, all find expression in the music.


And talk of poems and prayers and promises
And things that we believe in
How sweet it is to love someone
How right it is to care
How long it's been since yesterday
What about tomorrow
What about our dreams
And all the memories we share


How poignant the lyrics are. How they spoke to me back then, even in my teen years, before I had much life experience to reflect upon.  How much deeper the meaning now, decades later.  I can look back at life experience, good and bad.

You fill up my senses
Like a night in a forest
Like the mountains in springtime
Like a walk in the rain
Like a storm in the desert
Like a sleepy blue ocean
You fill up my senses
Come fill me again


Song lyrics are poetry. The best of them conjure up images, emotions.  How wonderful it is to be  in love, how having a partner can make your life so different.


 I'll walk in the rain by your side, I'll cling to the warmth of your tiny hand.
I'll do anything to help you understand, and I'll love you more than anybody can.
And the wind will whisper your name to me, little birds will sing along in time.
Leaves will bow down when you walk by and morning bells will chime.


When I listened to those words years ago, I had no idea, no clue, how becoming a parent would change me.

Come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops
Sail over the canyons and up to the stars
And reach for the heavens and hope for the future
And all that we can be and not what we are


The lyrics can set your heart soaring.  Nature, spirituality, hope for the future.

The music, the lyrics, they fill a piece of my soul.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday