blood moons and solar eclipses part 2

I first explored this topic in a post last year.



Two partial lunar eclipses last year.

This year gets even more exciting, from an astronomical view. 

Today is the vernal equinox.  It's also the full moon -- a super moon, as a matter of fact.  That means the moon is at its closest point to the earth.  And a solar eclipse, the biggest Europe has seen since 1999. Alas, not visible here in the United States.

And in two weeks, a lunar eclipse.  It won't be visible here on the East Coast.  Sigh.

A partial solar eclipse September 13 -- not visible here in the U.S.

September 28, a lunar eclipse.  Visible here !!!!!!  Pray for good weather.

A Christian minister believes these are signs of the Apocalypse.    Some Jews have jumped on the bandwagon:  Passover Blood Moon Preceded by Exceedingly Rare Solar Eclipse

There will be a total eclipse of the sun for two minutes over the North Pole on Friday, March 20, the day of the Spring Equinox which coincides with the beginning of the Hebrew month of Nissan, the first month in the Biblical calendar year, a solar occurrence that has never happened before in human history.

These celestial happenings excite me.  The fact that they all fall on significant dates in the Jewish calendar intrigues me.  I do not know that I believe in signs and portents, but nevertheless...I will be watching.

Comments

  1. I don't usually believe in portents. And, I thought we had lost our superstitions surrounding solar eclipses a while back. But, things world wide don't seem to be going too well. And, if you've ever seen a total eclipse in person (I've seen two of them) it is a spiritual experience. Alana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday