Feline Friday

 Well, it’s that time again.  Time for Moon Shadow and Duchess to have their annual physicals at the  (dare I say it?)  V-E-T.  Drew is calling to set up the appointment.

As you can imagine, neither fur ball likes the idea … being placed in the carrier…riding in the car … being poked and prodded by a stranger …

Here’s what I wrote about Duchess a few years ago:



Drew told me that bringing Duchess to the vet was a very noisy activity, that she'd being to wail the moment she was forced into the cat carrier, that the volume would increase as the cat carrier was carried out of the house, and that it would reach a crescendo when the cat carrier was placed into his car.  He told me that once they arrived at the vet, Duchess would rather brave the attentions of the very large dogs in the waiting room than sit in the cat carrier.  That she was very cooperative when the vet examined her, but that the yowling would renew when it was time to get back into the cat carrier to go home.

Not that I doubted Drew's truthfulness, but ...Duchess?  Really?  She seldom meows, and when she does, it's at a soft, ladylike volume.    She is, after all, royalty.  

So he said to me:  "this year I'll make the appointment on a Saturday, so you can come with us and see (and hear) for yourself."

As I write this, we just got back from the vet.

Duchess was very cooperative during the exam, despite the assaults on her dignity as she was poked and prodded, weighed, and had her temperature taken.  She endured two vaccinations without a whimper.  She is a young and healthy cat.

With very strong vocal cords.

Duchess is ten years old now, and has grown a bit cantankerous. I am sure that she will be quite vocal this time.

Shadow’s most recent visit and follow-up visit were in February and March,  when I cried because I put her through hell — but responsible pet owners spay and neuter their pets.



I had to use that collar because the cone the vet gave us was filthy. The collar turned out to be much more comfortable for her.


Anyhow, I wanted to share the videos I took of Duchess as we prepared her for her vet visit a few years ago …


  


  


  


I’m gearing up for a repeat performance.



Comments

  1. At least she doesn't pee all over the cat carrier. My brother's cat (now deceased) would do that. Along with the vocal complaints. They just don't like those carriers, do they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, those are good lungs. Horizon kitty used to sing the song of his people any time he was taken to the vet. Link Linker the Stinker will do it sometimes.

    I hope they get a clean bill of health and all is well.

    Thank you for joining Feline Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday