Saturday 9

 

The Christmas Blues

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!

Saturday 9: The Christmas Blues (1953)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
1) In this song, Dean Martin sings that the streets are white with snow. Do you anticipate a White Christmas this year?

No.  We can get snow this time of year, but we usually don’t get snow until January.  

2) He tells us he's done plenty of window shopping this season. Do you find you're influenced by a retailer's window dressing and store decor? Are you more motivated by price? Or do you do most of your shopping online, making holiday decorations irrelevant?

I tend to shop on line,
 
3) Dean was born in Steubenville, OH. Though he rarely returned to his hometown, it was in his thoughts during the holidays. Every Christmas he made like Santa and sent toys to hospitalized children in the Steubenville area. Are there toys on your shopping list this year?

No

4) He had fast hands when it came to cards and before he was famous he worked as a dealer in Atlantic City. When you play cards, what's your favorite game?

I play a lot of solitaire but haven’t played cards with anyone else in a long time.

5) Dean Martin was an avid reader ... of comic books. Especially im bed when he was on the road and couldn't sleep. Much as he enjoyed comic books, he was embarrassed by them. What do you do when you can't sleep?

I read.

Now let's have a few holiday-specific questions:
 
6) Every year, the United States Postal Service introduces special holiday stamps. Do you purchase them?

No.
 
7) Do you have a funny/ugly holiday sweater? 

No.  I bought one last year, but I’ve lost a lot of weight and it’s too big,  
 
8) Do you wrap your presents or use gift bags?

Gift bags.  I can’t wrap.

9) We're doing Christmas karaoke! What holiday or winter-themed song will you perform?

You really want me to sing?  Well, ok.  Let me find something in my range.

How about this?










Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
 
 

Comments

  1. Karen Carpenter had the voice of an angel.

    Every year on his Christmas show, Dean would gather a bunch of his show business friends who would likewise send toys to kids in hospitals, and they'd announce what hospital in a segment of the show. One of the many reasons I loved him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, if you can sing that song you can sing anything. I loved the Carpenters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen Carpenter is always a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to read, but I feel like it makes me want to stay up later...just one more chapter. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Karen Carpenter too. I put that for Karaoke I'd do "silent night" literally, i.e., silently!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #7 deserves a congratulations! (I hope it wasn't due to illness, if so, I'm sorry to mention it.) I send out very few cards, and forgot to get holiday stamps. So, mine will have The Mighty Mississippi stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I lost 90pounds and have another40 to lose, but I’m feeling so much better.

      Delete
  7. I play a lot of online solitaire too. Love that Carpenter's song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We definitely don't get white Christmases. We may get a wet Christmas this year, though. I did most of my shopping online as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday