Saturday 9

 

Wildest Dreams

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!


Saturday 9: Wildest Dreams (2014)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, a tall, handsome man asks Taylor Swift to drive away with him to escape the crowds. Where were you headed when you most recently got behind the wheel?

An appointment with a doctor.

2) She sings about memories of a romance that just "follow you around." Is anyone special on your mind this morning? (It doesn't have to be a romantic partner.)

Not at the moment.

3) The lyrics reference sunset. Now that it gets dark earlier, do you find yourself watching the sun set more often?

I’m working when the sun goes down, so no.

4) The video for this song takes place on a movie set. Swift said it was inspired by tales of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton embarking on a love affair while co-starring in Cleopatra. Elizabeth and Richard fell in love in Rome, while this video was filmed outside of Gaborone, Botswana. In your wildest dreams, which of these exotic locales would you rather visit: Rome or Gaborone?
 
See my answer from last week.

Rome.  Definitely Rome.


5) In homage to Elizabeth Taylor, Swift went from blonde to brunette for the video. Do you have an appointment with a stylist between now and year end?

Not yet, but I should.

6) Both Taylors (Swift and Elizabeth) often wore the color purple. What color dominates your wardrobe?

Neutrals, mostly black.  But I love purple and have several purple shirts and sweaters,
 
7) In the video, Taylor Swift's leading man is Scott Eastwood, son of Clint. Though not as famous as his dad, Scott works steadily and has more than 30 TV and movie credits. Can you think of another second-generation performer who followed his or her parent into show business?

Ben Stiller.  His parents were Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara.

8) In 2014, when "Wildest Dreams" topped the charts, Paul McCartney had to reschedule tour dates so he could recover from a bout with the flu. How are you feeling this morning? Any coughs, sneezes, sniffles?

I’m fine, thanks. Got my flu shot and my Covid booster, so hopefully I’ll avoid a major illness this year.

9) Random question: How many different zip codes have you lived in throughout your life?

Including college, 9 zip codes.  2 in Brooklyn, one in Queens, one in Albany (college) and the rest on Long Island.
 




Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
 
 

Comments

  1. Ben Stiller is an enormously talented choice.
    I, too, have had my covid and flu shots. Still need RSV, but I'm going to wait until after Christmas. Getting all three shots at once seemed like a lot to put this old body through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #8 I got the trifecta last month...COVID, the flu, and RSV.
    #9 Am I the only homebody that lived in the same town?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I raised my children in the same town where I grew up, does that count?

      Delete
  3. I am still waffling on the Covid booster. I had one last December, but haven't decided what to do about it so far this year. My doctor didn't push it much; if she'd said yes, get it, I would have, but she waffled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you stay well thanks to your vaccines. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not want to count how many zip codes I've lived in. Another day, perhaps, but today that idea is too much for me to handle. Right now I'm hoping my flu shot did its job. My aide is out with the flu, and yesterday I had a student in class who was so sick she had to lie down. (She had been to the health office, but they wouldn't send her home.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ben Stiller... that's a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got my Covid booster as soon as I was allowed. Skipped the flu one, as I reacted allergic to them every time. And we don't have the RSV in our national program yet. It was admitted to be used for my age just a few months ago and is too expensive for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday