1. It's like my mama always said, "______________________________________________."
I don't remember an exact quote, but my mother always encouraged my sisters and me to be independent, meaning that we were able to take care of ourselves and not have to depend on a husband to take care of us. My grandfather died when my mother was 11 years old, and my grandmother -- an immigrant with no education or job skills -- struggled to provide for my mother and her sisters.
2. May 11th is National Eat What You Want Day. What will you be having by way of celebration?
Chocolate. Was it even a question?
3. Describe your idea of a perfect spring day.
The sun is shining, the air is balmy. I'm going to grab a bottle of water and drive over to Jones Beach. I'll take a nice walk on the boardwalk and then I'm going to find a seat on one of the benches to watch the waves. It's very nice here in the off season.
4. Success, fulfillment, growth, achievement...pick one and tell us how it relates to your life in some way, either currently or in days gone by.
Deep question. Calls for introspection. I am just not in the mood right now.
5. I saw this going around on various social media sites and thought it would be fun to answer here. The last thing you bought on Amazon is your weapon in battle. How will you wield it? (if you're not an Amazon shopper, then the last thing you bought online anywhere)
I guess I could do some damage with these.
I could poke the enemy and flip them over, right? Stir up some righteous anger? Pity the set didn't come with a knife.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Tree pollen is not my friend. Please pass the Claritin.