Another This And That

The storm  is over.  Lots of wind and rain, but we sustained no damage.  Now it’s cold and sunny.  Typical December. The lawn ornaments were returned to their rightful place Monday morning.  And there they shall stay until the holiday ends — we will light the last candle Thursday night.

And on to the next holiday.  We have plans to go out to dinner with friends for Christmas Eve.  Not sure if we have plans for Christmas Day. Working on plans for New Year’s Eve.

But first the end-of-year crunch at work.  We work like crazy until Christmas Eve, then have a fairly quiet week between Christmas and New Year’s.  I’m wondering if I should take a couple of days off.

Another culinary experiment in my kitchen.  Ever try Trader Joe’s gluten free pumpkin bread/muffin mix?  I bought two boxes, really loved the results, bought two more boxes.  Made a batch  tonight, but this time I didn’t follow the directions on the box.  Instead I used pumpkin purée instead of oil, and I threw in some chocolate chips.  They just came out of the oven and they look so good!

I bought gluten free flour.  I’ve got a few recipes I’d like to try.  I never did much baking, that was my sister’s domain, but now I’m trying things.  

Ever notice how nice the kitchen smells when you’re baking something in the oven?

And not just sweet stuff, either.  Last night I baked some flounder in garlic butter sauce.  Added a little leftover Riesling to the sauce.  It was really good …









Comments

  1. I don't recall last time I even bake. Believe it or not. I use to be pretty good cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going gluten-free makes home baking necessary. I'm glad you've found some things that work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so difficult to find good GF items. I have tried so many & have been disappointed. I am still looking for a good pasta.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday