Music Monday

 Doing something different today …

An entire album.

A Christmas Gift For You From Phil Spector

It’s a classic album from 1963, featuring Darlene Love, the Crystals, the Ronettes… Christmas music gets the Wall of Sound treatment … 

Released November 22, 1963 (the day JFK was shot), the album was initially a commercial failure, but grew in popularity after its rerelease, and is now considered a holiday classic.

Enjoy.



You like?

Well, then here’s a bonus hit.




  

Not bad for 77 and 82.  


Did you know Cher was a backup singer on Darlene Love’s original recording of the song?

I’m loving the holiday music …




Comments

  1. HELLO, HELLO... Are you done with your shopping? Sheesh I'm not done decorating. hahahaha Have a great day & some great tunes! Man, doesn't that Cher ever get old! MERRY CHRISTMAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the older singers are quite amazing. I'm a fan of Darlene Love! Great songs jingle myself into gear as I count down till Christmas day. Have a joyful happy holiday, Robin! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this album, especially because it had several songs sung by Darlene Love. (I loved all the songs, though). I watched Love's duet with Cher at this year's Rockefeller Tree lighting - I prewrote next Monday's post and it's part of that post. Can't get enough of her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those gals' voices are still so strong for their age. I love Cher. I enjoyed the old style rock Christmas but funny to hear Phil Spector on it considering he is a killer and one weird guy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday