Feline Friday


Asleep in mom’s lap. Isn’t she adorable?

She had no idea what was in store for her a few days later.

I am a responsible pet owner, and responsible owners spay or neuter their pets.

So when the vet told me to schedule Shadow’s procedure in February, I did.  

It’s routine vet care, it’s the right thing to do, but I was so nervous and upset.  I hated the idea of putting my precious kitten through it.

But on Tuesday morning, I loaded her into the pet carrier and brought her to the vet’s office.  Yes, please, clip her nails and do a dental exam while she’s sedated.  Yes, please, I want her microchipped. She’s an indoor cat, but I don’t trust her. 

She still seemed a bit drugged when I picked her up Tuesday afternoon.  But she got so excited when she realized she was home.  

She wasn’t happy about wearing a cone, tried to get it off, cried when she couldn’t.  But then, she tried to get to her stitches, so I know why the cone is necessary. 

And she wasn’t happy about being confined to the bathroom, but the vet said she shouldn’t be allowed to run or jump.

I have to feed her on a flat plate, she can’t reach the food in her usual bowl while wearing the cone.

There’s cat litter all over the bathroom, she is a champ at litter kicking.  The pain meds are liquid, so it’s easy to administer.  

She’s going back to the vet in a few days, to make sure she’s healing.  Until then she’s wearing the cone, and she’s not supposed to run or jump.

So she’s fine.

Me, not so much.

Comments

  1. Yes, it sucks. But in the long run, this is all for the best. Just keep telling yourself that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad she came through it. You did the good and right thing.

    Thanks for joining Feline Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You absolutely did the right thing! HUgs and scritches for the patient!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday