More this and that

 So the cranberry corn muffins were yummy, but very sticky.  Next time I’ll use cranberries instead of cranberry sauce.

I tried red lentil pasta for the first time Wednesday night.  It’s one of the better gluten free pastas.  The package said to cook the pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, but I think 12 minutes would be better.  I found frozen meatballs that are gluten free and I had a jar of marinara sauce. … my “from scratch” meat sauce is better, but I was feeling lazy…

Dinner with a friend last night.  The restaurant had a “gluten friendly” menu.  I actually ordered a flatbread!  Heavenly.

There’s an Italian restaurant in Manhattan that’s entirely gluten free.  I think I’m going to have to try it.  I’ve forgotten what it’s like to read a menu and just choose what I want to eat, instead of determining what dishes are safe to eat.

Omada … what can I say?  It’s much easier, much less intense than other programs I’ve tried.  Maybe that’s better, maybe I’m more likely to stick with this program … though clearly the boost from Wegovy makes a huge difference.

Remember how I used to watch The Biggest Loser?  I’d blog about the episodes.  The contestants lost huge amounts of weight on a very intense program.  Many of them regained the weight after the show ended… been there, done that, don’t want to do it again.

So far my Hanukkah decorations have been appreciated by my neighbors.  Or ignored.  Either way is OK. 

As you saw earlier today, the cats are providing us with endless hours of amusement.  I am enjoying my “crazy cat lady” phase,  Becca’s criticism notwithstanding. I get to live with two beautiful cats, right now I’m a little obsessed.  It’s harmless. I’d like a third cat, but Drew would kill me.

I’d also like a dog, I think, they’re great pets and so different from cats.  But dogs have to be walked … and I think the cats would kill me …

Comments

  1. You could argue that you were getting the cats a companion... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gluten free is so much easier than it was years ago. My husband (Italian ancestry) could not imagine a life without pasta. Our gluten free (mainly) bakery in downtown Binghamton is moving and closing for the rest of the year shortly, right during the holidays. No such thing as a gluten free restaurant here, though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday