Another this and that

 So last weekend found us at a comedy club.  A dear friend does stand-up.  Strictly amateur but he’s very funny.  He participated in an amateur contest.  He was one of 12 semi finalists and one of 5 finalists.  He didn’t win, but it was an enjoyable evening nevertheless.

This weekend we’re seeing Ali Stroker .  She’s amazing.

The pine needle invasion continues… I getting tired of sweeping … I even found pine needles upstairs, on the carpet in front of the bedroom door… the trees are in the park, owned by the town, and serve as a barrier between our yard and a baseball diamond … very nice actually, but the cones and needles …







I love my little evergreen.  It seems to be fine after I unwrapped it.  It’s covered in pine needles right now, but I think the needles are from the bigger trees …


As you can see, we are starting to get fall color on most of the trees, but some are still green.

And a few are already bare.

Remember this phot from last week?


As of today there are no leaves on that tree at all.  

We moved into this house in July, but believe it or not we are still unpacking.  The problem is Drew had a fully stocked kitchen and so did I. We both like to cook. Between us we have more pots, pans, dishes etc … do we really need three toaster ovens and two toasters?  I see a garage sale in our future.

At least we don’t have to worry about having the right tools for Thanksgiving.  We have other commitments on the holiday itself, so we’re doing dinner on for our friends and some family on Saturday.  I’m starting to plan the menu already.  Drew does the turkey, but I’ve got ideas for appetizers and side dishes.

Yeah, Halloween is barely over (we had exactly one trick-or-treater) and we are already moving on.  I never did finish decorating for Halloween, I guess I’ll save the bats and window clings for next year.  

In the meantime … the saga of the electric roaster.  Our stove and oven are small, so I decided to get an electric roaster.  Yeah, with all the duplicate appliances we have, neither of us owns an electric roaster.  We did the research, decided on one we liked … it’s out of stock on Amazon, so we ordered it from Walmart … Walmart canceled the order because it’s out of stock … Target doesn’t sell electric roasters …Macy’s was out of stock …ordered it directly from the manufacturer…out of stock.   Wound up ordering a more expensive roaster from the manufacturer … then got an email from Amazon advertising the roaster I originally wanted …The roaster arrived on Sunday.  I think we’ll roast a chicken first  to see how it works.


Yeah, I think you could say we’re settling into the new house.  I feel so domestic …

Comments

  1. I'm not surprised you're still unpacking. Glad the roaster became available. My father had a similar issue with a tree (although, it was a eucalyptus and it shed all over his pool). After years, they finally called the city and asked for it to be removed, and it was. I don't know if your city will be that accommodating, but you could ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been in our house 36 years today, and we're STILL not done unpacking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about this: we packed various things after the flood that hit our area in 2011 knowing work would have to be done on our house - some of it is still packed and is in a closet. I keep putting off tackling it. I shouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every been to an comedy club. Our local theater the Pearl bring in comedy show, every so often.
    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday