Another this and that

 Happy birthday to my daughter Jen!  33 years ago today I became a mom for the first time.

Today is Election Day.  If you haven’t done so already, go vote!

You haven’t lived until you come out of the shower and two cats are waiting for you at the bathroom door.

Yeah, they were united in a common purpose — make sure the human can opener is OK.

Seriously, though, they are getting along much better.    Not exactly friends, but they’re able to be in the same room without hissing and growling.  We still have some feline drama, but it’s manageable.

We had a minor miracle last night.




I finally got the kitchen set up the way I want it.  I am enjoying cooking in a fully set up kitchen.  The joy of baking pumpkin muffins…of making a grilled cheese sandwich … air  frying Brussels sprouts …

Now I have to work on the home office.

Drew and I had to have a serious discussion about holiday decorations.  Halloween was fine, Thanksgiving was fine.  Hanukkah?  In this political climate I’m a bit nervous.  Antisemitism is on the rise. I’ve been the victim of a hate crime before.  We decided to decorate our windows and do one or two things on the lawn.  If we feel safe, if the ornaments survive without adverse actions, we can add a few more things.

I can’t believe I wrote that in 2023.  But that’s the discussion we are having these days.  So scary.





Comments

  1. I am so sorry. You should not have to worry about putting up Hanukkah decorations. But people are stupid. And the most stupid have gotten dangerous.

    Glad the cats seem to have called a truce. I guess it was just a matter of them getting used to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Liz. You should be able to put up Hanukkah decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't put up either outdoor Christmas or Hanukkah decorations (we are an intermarried couple) but I need to have contractors come into my house in a few weeks. I am seriously considering hiding any trace of being Jewish. This is where we are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you have imagined this only a few years ago? It’s scary.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday