Fun times in the ER

All’s well that ends well, but …

 If you ever read my friend Alana’s blog you’ll remember she’s very good at giving advice about falls and fall prevention.

Pay attention to her sage advice.

Trust me.

You don’t want to be dealing with the aftermath of a fall.

Sunday afternoon I was upstairs, just hanging out.  Drew was downstairs, taking a shower.  Suddenly I heard him yelling for me at the top of his lungs.  He slipped and fell in the shower.  He thinks his face hit the faucet because he’s got a gash over his left eye.  There was a lot of blood. Very scary.

We live about a mile or so from the big county hospital, the one with the huge ER.  It’s a level one trauma center.  Not that he needed that level of care.

But he did need a CT scan to rule out a concussion. Luckily it was negative. And they had to close up the gash.  Sutures, not glue, because of the location of the cut.  We think it was six stitches — I couldn’t see what the doctor did, there were med students watching.

So we spent a lovely afternoon in the ER.    Just what I wanted to do on a Sunday afternoon.

But he’s fortunate.  Things could be worse, after all.  Drew’s friend L took a fall down the stairs  a couple of weeks ago and tore one of the tendons in his leg.  He had surgery and he will need physical therapy.   Drew has a nasty gash on his forehead, but he’s otherwise ok and will go back to work in the morning.




Comments

  1. It must be fall season. My 80-year-old landlady fell a couple weeks ago. Just in the kitchen. Luckily, she didn't break anything, but she's still sore. I'm glad Drew is fine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday