Another this and that

Typical day at the office yesterday.  It’s so quiet!  Most of the staff still works from home full time.  And many of my coworkers who do come to the office didn’t bother to do so yesterday because it’s a short week.  We have a half day today, and we’re off tomorrow and Friday for Thanksgiving.

I actually overheard a coworker tell a friend,  “ I don’t plan to do any work tomorrow.”

I was hoping to leave the office before the bad weather hit, but no such luck.  It was dark as night by 4:30 because of the rain, and it was cold.  Cold as winter. I stopped at Trader Joe’s on my way home.  The store was very, very busy.  I hate supermarket shopping just before a holiday. But I need things for Thanksgiving. 

My contribution to Saturday’s feast.  I’ll be making stuffed mushrooms, scalloped corn, and mini cheese balls.  We’re having turkey with gravy, two kinds of stuffing (one will be gluten free), mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole…we got a few bottles of Riesling… and I haven’t even contemplated the desserts…

I was so happy to finally get home to my warm and cozy house.  Shadow greeted me at the door.  I love coming home to her. Duchess doesn’t greet me … she’s truly Drew’s cat.

So I’m working from home today, and I’ll be running errands later.  (At least it stopped raining.)

So let me take this opportunity to wish you all a happy Thanksgiving.


Comments

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you. If I worked Wednesdays, it actually would have been quite busy for me today. I was supposed to come in a time or two this past summer (I work fully remote and love it because of my 30 second commute and nearby bathroom) and it somehow never happened. I'm almost hoping my department will have a holiday party this year just so I can come in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, stores are the worst right now, but many don't have the room to shop earlier. The fridge and freezer will only contain so much. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both stuff mushroom and scalped corn.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday