Another this and that

Update on Drew.  He now has a nasty-looking black eye.  He looks like he was in a fight.  It looks a lot worse than it is … He got a lot of attention from his coworkers and he’s getting a lot of love on Facebook.  

I’m still enjoying Thanksgiving … last night I had turkey, mashed potatoes, scalloped corn, cranberry sauce… tried another version of gluten-free stuffing.  Meh.  I miss the real deal. And I’m not sure I really need the substitute, there are so many other foods we enjoy at the holidays.

My Halloween pumpkin is still outside, on the front lawn (see photo).   Drew is surprised that none of the local wildlife ate it, that none of the local kids smashed it …


Though I should take down the rest of the Thanksgiving decorations …

People in the neighborhood are starting to decorate for Christmas.  I really love the lights!  I’ve got my Hanukkah lawn decorations and I’m going to start putting a few out … we’ll see how it goes … I hope I, not setting us up to become victims of a hate crime …

The forecast calls for snow today. Not a lot, just flurries.  But I’m not sure I’m ready for winter.  The year is going by too quickly. Sigh. But the house is cozy and warm.  


Comments

  1. I hope Drew is playing up the injury. He could make up all sorts of great stories as to how he got the black eye. I mean, if you're injured, you might as well get some fun out of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy it wasn't more than the bleeding and that black eye. Otherwise, what Liz said. But also: Building on a comment from earlier in either October or Nov - I am almost definitely going to have contractors in our home during Hanukkah and I am still strongly considering hiding traces of our decorations, and our menorah, while this work and repairs that will probably take more than one day are made. This is what I have come to. My non-Jewish spouse is totally supportive, thankfully.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday