So about last night

 Saturday night was a success … a house full of friends, family and food…jokes  about “first world problems” as we had to find room in the refrigerator for everything.  

And my daughter Becca admonished me about my “crazy cat lady” persona “because you already have children.”  But I asked “Do you live with me?  No.  Does your sister?  No.  Do I have grandchildren?  Not yet.  So let me lavish attention on the furry ones.”  

Both cats were scared of our  guests at first.  Can you believe it, they were both hiding under the bed.  The same bed.  United in misery, I suppose.  Even Jen the cat whisperer couldn’t coax them out. Eventually, however, each cat overcame her fear and timidly investigated the new people. 

The turkey was wonderful, the sides were incredible.  Well, except for my gluten-free stuffing.  It was too dry and bland, so I tried to “doctor” it but completely ruined it.  I wound up tossing the whole mess.    Drew made regular stuffing for everyone else, and there were plenty of other things to eat (Drew’s sweet potatoes were delicious!), yet I was disappointed.  But now I know what to do the next time I make stuffing.

The Riesling came from Pindar Vineyards, a local Long Island winery.  We visited the winery in the summer of 2022, it’s a great place to spend some time.

We had several desserts … a cake, two pies, my cupcakes, the gluten-free brownies that K baked…

The house is back in order now, the dishes done, the leftovers safe stored away in the refrigerator,  etc,

Overall it was a wonderful night, our first time hosting in the new house.  I can’t wait to do it again.


Comments

  1. I'm glad you were all put back together to be able to host. You should let your daughter know that better you lavish attention on your cat than pester her as to when she's going to give you grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday