Developing healthy habits


I looked at my Fitbit stats last night.  It seems my little trek to the mall last weekend counted as a one-mile walk. Oh my …

My Omada scale should arrive sometime today.  

Oh, yeah, I haven’t mentioned Omada before.  Omada describes itself as a digital health program. It’s sort of like Weight Watchers meets Noom, but designed specifically for individuals who are at risk of developing diabetes or hypertension.  The emphasis is on behavior modification, developing healthy habits.  

It’s an on line program.  It involves weight management, healthy eating, exercise and “de-stressing” (i.e., mindfulness).  You’re assigned to a coach and a peer group.  You track your meals, you set goals, you track your progress.

You get a scale that not only records your weight, but reports your weight to your Omada coach.   

That part is a bit scary.  I already own a scale, I record my weight.  But sharing it?  Well, I did that back in my Weight Watchers days.  

In fact, none of the components of the program are new to me.

So why am I doing this program?

That I can tell you in one word: Wegovy

I’ve lost almost 90 pounds since starting weight loss medication.  I’m a Wegovy success story.  

I got a letter last week from my health insurer. They have a new policy.  If I want to continue using Wegovy I must complete the Omada program.  I understand their reasoning and their concerns. And they’re paying Omada’s fee.  So I’ll do the program.   And you never know, I might even learn something. 



Comments

  1. Insurance companies... *grumble, grumble* I hope everything works out for you. It sounds like it might be a good program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insurance company rules can be terrible, but I think, if you work this program they are requiring you to do (and who wants to be made to do a program?) it will be a plus in your health journey. If it is found out that these drugs like Wegovy can't be taken over a lifetime (I know that, as of now, it is thought they can), you will have what you learned as a backup. Once again, I wish you good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday