More this and that

 I’m sad to hear former First Lady Rosalynn Carter died.  She was a wonderful First Lady and a philanthropist and humanitarian in her post-White House life.  She represents kinder and gentler times, when people wanted to work together, before politics became so tribal.

President Jimmy Carter has been in hospice for months.  I don’t know how much longer he will live, especially now that Rosalynn is gone.

The great pine needle invasion is coming to an end.  There are still a lot of pine needles on the lawn, but I think the trees have stopped shedding.  

Fall foliage is also coming to an end; some trees still have leaves, but we’re definitely past peak, and a lot of trees are bare. We have our first freeze alert later this week.  Winter is on the way.

So it’s almost Thanksgiving and I’m getting excited for the dinner we are hosting Saturday.  We finalized the menu, but we still have to buy some of the groceries.

Thanksgiving, the start of the holiday season.  Hanukkah is early this year, it starts December 7.  We always go out to dinner with a group of our friends for Christmas Eve, and we do a movie and Chinese food Christmas Day. And we have to plan our New Year’s Eve celebration. 

 It’s a great time of year, isn’t it?

Comments

  1. I wonder if Jimmy will attend the funeral. I mean, he loved her more than life itself, but I have to wonder whether their daughter will decide he's too feeble to go. I know he'll do everything he can to make it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great time of year. Planning is the trickiest part.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday