pizza

Did you hear about the pizza restaurant in Brooklyn that got shut down for not paying New York State taxes?  Seems the Mayor helped them reopen.  Apparently De Fara Pizza is de Blasio's favorite pizza joint. Yes, the same man who eats pizza with a knife and fork....

So last week Drew and I decided to grab a couple of slices of pizza.  So we headed over to our favorite local spot, in a typical Long Island strip mall, passing at least four other pizza restaurants on the way...we discovered this place two years ago, it had a very old-fashioned "pizza parlor" vibe, with an owner straight out of central casting...who apparently neglected to pay his New York State taxes...yep, the place is closed....and not likely to get help from the Mayor ....sigh...

So we wound up getting our slices from another restaurant.    And this restaurant is two doors down from an incredible Italian bakery....silver lining  time....they've got the best cannoli on Long Island....

Drew usually gets one slice with extra cheese and one with pepperoni.  I like different toppings -- sometimes I'll get pepperoni or sausage or meatballs, sometimes I'll go for mushrooms or peppers, and sometimes I'll just enjoy two plain slices.  Very traditional.


Now I want pizza....

Comments

  1. Taxes are ridic. here, aren't they? I'm not sure if we want to own a house here, my mil house costs $3,000 a year total for taxes (on a $75,000 house with no land) and that doesn't include water/sewage.

    Pizza, I love everything but anchovies, we walk across the street to get pizza. We have three great places, but since Giavona's is right across the street, we go there, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I know what you mean about NY taxes.

    I'm not fond of anchovies either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had pizza on Saturday, but now... There's a place a couple cities over that my roommate took us to. Very old world vibe. But there are a couple decent spots nearer to us, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday