Music Monday



Today's theme?


‘Musical Acrostics! In honor of the birthday of Charles E. Hires (1851-1937), the first commercial brewer of root beer, build playlist in which the first letters of the songs spell out ROOT BEER’


So we start with the letter "R".  An easy one.  A song by Fleetwood Mac:




Next come two "O's".  double letters make it a bit more difficult.  but I prevailed.

Willy Nelson:





And then something more romantic, by Jefferey Osborne





We haven't done any Styx songs on this blog yet, have we?  I don't know why I allowed that to happen. Let's remedy that right now.





Now for the "B".  you knew there'd be some Billy Joel around here sooner or later.  Here's "Big Shot":




Another double letter -- this time it's "E".


We start with  Tears for Fears:




And then there's Poison:




And the last letter, same as the first.   So I went back to an old favorite:




This was a bit of a challenge, but it was a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy my playlist.

Comments

  1. Rhiannon is one of those songs that brings back a lot of memories. An, Billy Joel - enough said. It's been years since I heard the Jeffrey Osborne song. Nice root beer you prepared for us; thank you. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Hires would be happy! Good playlist with a few songs I'd forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some blasts from the past. Was Willie Nelson ever that young. MOL! Same with Stevie Nicks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin,

    Great tunes from yesteryear! You did a furtastic job on your playlist for this week's theme. Now, celebrate with a tall glass of icy cold rootbeer! ;) Have a boogietastic week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend you have definitely ROCKED the house between Styx, Blondie, Billy Joel, Poison, Willie Nelson, Jeffrey Osborne in "On the Wings of Love!!! WOW great job. Thanks for rockin' along with us! GREAT JOB!!! Thanks for the dance!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday