Another this and that

So the “mad bomber” turned out to be a mentally ill young man from West Virginia...

I got an email this morning from my favorite radio station, WCBS-FM.  The station wished me a ‘happy half birthday”.  

Yes, today is exactly six months after my birthday, and six months until my next birthday,

Wish I’d known that someone over the age of 10 could celebrate a “half birthday”.  Last night, when the waiter at the Melting Pot asked us if we were celebrating something, I said “no”.

I’m being facetious, of course.

But I did have a good time at the Melting Pot.  Anytime there’s melted cheese involved...

Though, come to think of it, today would have been my Aunt Sonia’s birthday.  My father’s older sister, she lived with us until I was 8 years old.    She survived polio, it left her with a pronounced limp and the need to use a cane.   She had a job in the office of a company that distributed seltzer and other related products (I seem to remember something about Fox’s U-Bet), but had to retire in her early 50’s when she broke her ankle (the one affected by polio) and needed to use a walker to get around. Apparently she had a nasty fall on a NYC sidewalk, and used some of the settlement money to buy us a color tv.  She died when I was 14 ...

Comments

  1. Just a thought...but the pressure cookers aren't cheap...sigh. What is this world coming too?

    Happy 1/2 birthday, Melting Pot sounds good. Never been there or heard of it, smiles.

    Happy birthday to your late aunt.

    Hope this Sunday afternoon is a good one for you. P.S. How do you put up with the noise in the city? Just wondering, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda.

    You learn to tune out the noise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recall getting excited about half way to anther birthday. If I recall we both will be 60.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  4. A couple years ago, the PA system at one of the schools broke. There were no morning announcements. One of the things they do every morning is to wish a happy birthday to the seniors who are celebrating. (Not the underclassmen as they list would get too unwieldy.) So, for the couple months, no birthday announcements.

    When they finally fixed the PA, they started wishing half birthdays too. And for the rest of the year. So, all the seniors could get their day, I suppose. (Although, that still left out summer celebrators, as I would know, having a July birthday.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Dora, we are the same age. and the next birthday is a milestone. I'm a bit nervous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday