Music Monday

This week's theme is "Songs about dogs (or any pets) in honor of the end of the dog days of summer".

I've owned dogs, I've been owned by cats, love them both.

Let's go for the obvious first:




Now one I remember from my childhood:




Tom Jones sang this one:




You have to include this one, both the name of the group and the song fit the category.





And finally, from Broadway(yeah, you knew I was going there):




I'm going to backtrack for a moment.  The theme two weeks ago was "American Idol".  And I completely forgot to mention how I met Anthony Federov!  He was on season 4 of Idol, made the top 10.




The young lady in the photo is my daughter Becca.

It was  July 2007.  Becca decided to make her 15th birthday a "girls night out". There were 15 of us -- my two sisters and I chaperoned 12 teenage girls.  We took the girls into NYC to see an off Broadway production of The Fantasticks.  It was a small theater, maybe 400 seats all told, and Federov was playing "The Boy".


After the show, the girls decided to wait for Federov at the stage door.  It was well worth the wait.  Federov made Becca feel like Cinderella at the ball. He signed autographs and took pictures with all the girls. Then he KISSED Becca. And he SANG to her -- "Happy Birthday Rebecca".   I thanked him for making Becca's night so special.


Comments

  1. You have me smacking my head as I say "how could I have forgotten What's New Pussycat?" Yes, when a performer makes you (or, better yet, your child) feel special - that is really special. As they say, "a class act." Thank you for sharing that memory with us.
    Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin,

    The Monkees and Tom Jones bring back fond memories from my youth. I loved watching The Monkees and I recall vividly mom tuning in to watch the Tom Jones show. I think she had a crush on him which I never got until I got older. lol Sounds like your daughter had an extra special 15th birthday. My how the years disappear! Becca is about 4 years younger than our youngest daughter and 2 years older than our son. :) Thanks for joining the 4M crew on the dance floor. Have a boogietastic week, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love "Gonna Buy Me a Dog". After twelves years of no pets in the house, we decided to buy us a dog two years ago. Best decision we had made in twelve years. Our Lucy is priceless. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good set here! Some good '60's music (The Monkees, Tom Jones)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job. Loved it. We both picked the Baha Men.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way ta go girlfriend! You have really set the bar for us all! Oh my gosh, I can remember my dad making fun of Tom Jones with this song & his dancing & I remember my Uncle saying, "Yeah, & he's laughing all the way to the bank! LOL Did you know he's on the voice now? Yeah, still laughing at us all the way to the bank. Great job girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun setlist! I really enjoyed The Monkees and Tom Jones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely LOVE all your song choices! And of course great minds think alike with "Who Let the Dogs Out"... ;)

    OMG! You (and your daughter) met Anthony Federov! I forgot all about him until now! And how awesome he was sweet to Rebecca and sang happy birthday (not to mention the autographs and KISS!! A birthday to remember for her for sure!!)

    Hope you're having a fabulous weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday