another this and that

So the other night I was on a home-bound train, and I had a window seat.  There was a young, attractive  woman in the middle seat, and another woman in the aisle seat.  We reached a major station, and  the woman in the aisle seat got off the train.  A young man boarded the train and took the aisle seat.  He turned to the woman in the middle seat and began asking her personal (and I thought impertinent) questions.  Clearly he was trying to pick her up.  Eventually she told him she was a lesbian, and no she didn't "turn" because of a bad experience with men, she was born that way...conversation ceased after that....

In my quest to avoid the nightmare that is Penn Station, I've been catching my Long Island Railroad train in Brooklyn.  Atlantic avenue is a mega station, with four different subway lines as well as the railroad.  there's a long tunnel that connects the various subway lines with the railroad.  In the past I've seen several musicians play there, the acoustics in that tunnel are excellent...

More recently there's been a homeless guy, he stands in the tunnel, asking "anybody help me out"...Actually he chants the phrase, turning "out" into a two syllable word, "ou-out".  He chants it over and over, and because of the acoustics, the whole station can hear him.  The other day he was approached by cops, asking if he needed help (there are social workers available to help the homeless), but he turned down the offer.

We did get to take our dinner cruise on Thursday -- I'll be posting about it Friday -- and then on Saturday a group of us headed over to Jordan's Lobster Farms, a local fish market and seafood restaurant.  My friend K was celebrating  her graduation; she went back to school for a Master's in social work.  Her godson was our waiter and took very good care of us.

Here is the view from our table:


A few ducks and sea birds kept us company.



We didn't get a chance to see the 25 pound lobster (it'll be heading to an aquarium soon), but the sight of the old Ferris wheel from the now-defunct Nunley's...



It sits near the outdoor bar area...no it doesn't run....

Fun evening, despite some "issues". 

But I think I just want to stay home and veg next weekend.

Comments

  1. Eating on the water is nice. When guys are that impertinent, it's sometimes nice to chime in and pretend to know the woman. At least, Twitter has many women who say they'll come to another woman's rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't had much experience with mass transit.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I was pretending not to listen, but I was wondering if I should intervene, pretend to be a friend .., She did ok.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday