She Stepped On My Foot!!!!




So I got on the subway yesterday morning, and of course there were no seats.  And the woman standing next to me was wearing shoes with big, chunky heels.  Heels so high you have to wonder how she manages to walk.

(I have to interject here that I am not a fan of high heels, I find anything more than a modest 1- 2 inch heel to be uncomfortable.  Way back in the 70's I bought a pair of these:

Image result for candie's sandals 1970's

I thought they'd make me feel sexy.  What they made me feel was...pain.  I wore them maybe 3-4 times before they were relegated to the back of my closet.

Like I said, not a fan.)

So...getting back to yesterday morning.  The train lurched, and the young woman lost her balance.  She went flying.

And she stepped on my foot.

My left foot.

Also known as "My Idiot Foot".  The foot that has sent me to the podiatrist's office twice in the last few weeks.

You know the phrase, "I hurt so much I saw stars"?

I saw stars, moons and planets!

Someone offered me a seat.  I have never been so grateful in my life.

Popped an Advil as soon as I got to the office.

So if you saw me limping around the city yesterday...you'll understand.

Comments

  1. Ouch! One of the downsides of public transit....it's public. Takes all kinds. Sometimes it's quite painful. And I haven't worn heels in many years. Never was a fan. Don't think I could even balance on low ones now. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. Ouch. I hope she at least apologized.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday