More this and that

Well, we are halfway through January. My least-favorite month.  but yes, I think the year has gotten off to a good start.

Ken Jennings is the undisputed Jeopardy! champ.  I loved watching him win the tournament. He studied James Holzhauer's style of play and then beat him at his own game.  I felt bad for Brad Rutter, he just couldn't keep up ...but the $250K prize will surely help  him recover.

Did you catch the Democratic debate Tuesday night?  I can’t believe the Iowa caucus is just a few weeks away.  New York is a big primary state, and the campaigns are all here trying to garner signatures in order to get on the ballot.  I’ve seen Liz Warren’s people campaigning in Brooklyn, and Andrew Yang’s folks were at my train station earlier this week.  My sister, who works in Brooklyn, was approached by Tulsi Gabbard’s people.  It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Last weekend the weather was mild, springlike.  The weather forecasters are predicting a winter storm this weekend.  I am not looking forward to that.  I am not a fan of snow.

Current read:


Fatal Chocolate Obsession (Death by Chocolate Book 5) by [Berneathy, Sally]

Yes, I am reading the entire Death By Chocolate series. Interesting stories (though a bit formulaic), likable and fun characters, and an easy read when you're  holding the Kindle in one hand and a subway pole in the other.  This is book 5 of 7.  What am I going to read when I'm done with this series? 

Drew and I are already making plans for Valentine's Day.  We have a weird history with February 14.  We officially got engaged on 2/14/1986.  The judge signed our divorce papers on 2/14/1996;  I had no idea, back then, that Drew and I would reconcile. So it's always a bit weird when we celebrate that day.

Comments

  1. Well, that was a curveball! I love to hear stories of people getting divorced and remarried, esp if it works out well. Phil's Uncle Rollo and Aunt Myrtle were divorced and remarried a few times, but Myrtile never stopped being verbally nasty to Rollo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been in a dating relationship for over 10 years now. No plans to live together again. Yeah, we are a bit weird, but it works for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin,

    I know what you mean about the campaign season being here again so soon. The past year went by fast but so did the previous four. That's an interesting tidbit about you and Drew. I guess it holds some bitter-sweetness for you guys but at least y'all found your way back to each other. Not many can't say that! I for one am very happy that you did. :) I just noticed your response. You guys share an interesting relationship. Years ago, some of my family member were sorta in this kind of relationship except they did not divorce but decided to live apart for awhile. Eventually whatever was going on cleared its way and they now share the same roof again. Who am I to judge, if it works it works! Happy blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the time the primaries reach California, it's pretty much a done deal, so I don't pay too much attention.

    It sounds like Feb. 14th has quite the history with you two. We'll be waiting to hear what you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such an interesting backstory to February 14th! My partner and I will be spending our first Valentine's together this year, and they don't know yet but I'm going to be taking us both to Germany for nearly a week!

    Have a good week! :)
    Amy x Wandering Everywhere

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday