Another this and that

Happy Lunar New Year.  We celebrated at Jani, one of our favorite Chinese restaurants.  Steamed dumplings, crispy shrimp with walnuts, shrimp fried rice, Peking beef.  We called the beef dish a “Chinese burrito” because the food is rolled into a thin pancake.




And then there was Drew’s fortune.





So Jeter made the hall, as expected, but not by a unanimous vote.  His plaque in Cooperstown will be next to Rivera’s.  How fitting,

Guess that means I have to go back to Cooperstown.  I still haven’t seen Piazza’s plaque.

The Mets have announced that Luis Rojas will be the 2020 manager.  OK, so now let’s gear up for spring training.

And good news for my Long Island Ducks.  Wally Blackman was found “not guilty” of harassment.  Think he might make a movie called Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Part 2?

No, I am not going to be watching the Super Bowl next week.  I’m not much of a football fan.  And now that all the musical performances and commercials show up on Youtube, there’s no reason to watch the game.

I’ve been interested in the Super Bowl only 3 times.

The Super Bowl was played at MetLife Stadium in the Meadowlands in 2013.  I was working in Jersey City at the time, and one of the teams stayed in the hotel across the street from my office.  Of course I got caught up in the hype, everyone did.

The other two occasions were 2008 and 2012.

In 2008, my daughter Jen was a senior in high school. She had applied to the University of Hartford.  The school had a program for potential students scheduled for the day after the Super Bowl.  The teams that year were the Patriots and the Giants. So we drove from our Long Island home to Hartford during the game, and Jen’s friend Billy was sending text messages to Jen to keep her updated.  Just as we pulled into the hotel parking lot, Hen told me that the Giants had won the game.  Inside the hotel lobby, a lot of sad faces were fixated on the large screen tv...

In 2012, Jen was a senior at the University of Rhode Island, and all her housemates were New Englanders.  And the teams in the Super Bowl were the Giants and the Patriots.  They made Jen watch the game in another room ...

Comments

  1. Yummmmmmmmmmmm on the food except for the shrimp (I am allergic). No watching the Super Bowl, actually we haven't watched any pro football. I do like to see the commercials, but you know, they will be on YouTube.

    I am not fan of either team playing, I am a diehard Chicago Bear, of course, they haven't been to the Super Bowl since 1986 (I think).

    ANYWAYS, Have a great day (and I enjoyed your story about your daughter, smiles).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care for the Super Bowl either. I actively avoid it. It's a great time to go shopping...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday