another this and that

So I started Weight Watchers....again...

It feels good to be eating healthy, but...There are three options now:  (1) Green -- which is the original Smart Points program, the one that made me quit  Weight Watchers in 2015; (2) Blue -- the new name for Weight Watchers Freestyle, the program I briefly tried in 2017; and (3) Purple -- which looks a lot like Blue, but with more zero-point foods.  The quiz I took placed me on the Blue program.  I'm willing to try it again, at least for now.   I can always go back to calorie counting if I'm not happy.

I haven't started going to the gym yet. It's been so cold and miserable, all I want to do after work is go home and get cozy.  I've been walking at lunchtime, and that feels good, but I really should go back to the gym soon.

I've been watching the Jeopardy! Greatest Of All Time tournament.  Ken Jennings, James Holzhauer and Brad Rutter  are competing for a $1 million prize. Each night of the tournament, the contestants play two complete games;  the scores from each game are added up, and the one with the highest combined total wins the match.  The first contestant to win three matches will win $1 million, he other two will each win $250,000.  Jennings won the first match, Holzhauer won the second. Rutter seems to be struggling to keep up.  I'm rooting for Jennings.

Still feeling guilty about not going to the big rally last Sunday. The news said that  25,000 marched across the Brooklyn Bridge to protest against Antisemitism.  but there's going to be a (much smaller) rally on Long island this coming Sunday.  I think Drew and I may go.

Current read:


Clearly I liked the first book in the series. This second book starts with a man coming to Lindsay's shop with the intention of buying her house, but dying suddenly while trying to convince her to sell.  Fun and easy book to read when you want to stay inside and be cozy ...

Comments

  1. I feel sorry for Brad Rutter. He's older than the other two and a little slower off the mark. As for Ken Jennings, he's just a little too smug. James Holzhauer is giving Jennings a run for his money.

    Personally, I'd like to see an ABC battle with Austin Rogers, Buzzy Cohen, and Colby Burnett...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the Green program. The biggest difference in this program vs the old 2012 program is that all fruits and veggies are free except corn and peas. In a week I have lost 9 pounds! And I have not felt hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, I'd love to see Buzzy and Austin compete. That would be a fun tournament. I'm also feeling bad for Brad. but if we're going to talk about smug...James Holzhauer gets on my nerves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those cozy mysteries...and good luck on WW. Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been recording the GOAT tourney, but I've been watching Jessica Jones on Netflix. (I'm behind.) I'll get to it sooner or later.

    There's something about this time of year that makes being snuggly the best. Walking is good for now. You'll get to the gym eventually ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One thing I always want to know what is calorie count on each of there program? Good luck

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday