Tempus fugit

Time flies.

I'm finding it hard to believe it's the middle of November already. The holiday season is fast approaching.

But then again ...

I've been using an app called Timehop. Timehop is all about memories.  You give Timehop permission to search your social media accounts -- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.  Every day Timehop searches your accounts for posts made on that date one year ago, two years ago, etc.

Not to be outdone, when Timehop started to be come popular,  Facebook launched a feature that allows you to see your Facebook memories.

So this week I was reminded that on Veteran's Day last year I posted a photo of my father, in his uniform, posing with his mother the day he returned home from serving in the US Army.  I had to share that post again, I am so proud of my father's military service, and I am very much missing him.

That two years ago, texting gloves were all the rage.

That three years ago we were still dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.

That in 2010 I went to a friend's birthday party at a local Mexican restaurant.  She didn't have a party this year, I'll have to take her out to lunch or dinner.

That in 2009 I had a week-long battle with an adjuster at another insurance company, where the adjuster insisted on treating me like I didn't know how to do my job, and where I wound up calling the adjuster's supervisor to set matters straight.

It occurs to me that I've been writing this blog for over 7 years now...My very first post was October 17, 2008.  Feels like yesterday.

Except ...when I started this blog, Becca was still in high school, and Jen was a college freshman.  Now they're both adults, college graduates with full time jobs. 

Tempus fugit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday