I'm just a Broadway baby...

So the other night we headed over to the Tilles Center to see a national touring company of The Producers.  I'd seen the original Mel Brooks movie from 1967, with Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder.  But, can you believe it,  I'd never seen the Broadway musical or the movie musical with Nathan Lane and Mathew Broderick.  Touring companies offer a somewhat scaled-down experience, but nevertheless, it's live theater, can't complain. I'm hoping  a touring company of Spamalot will show up sooner or later, I wanted to see that show but never got around to it.

Next month we will be seeing the Roundabout's revival of Noises Off.  I saw the 2001 Broadway revivial , with Patti LuPone, Peter Gallagher,  and  Faith Prince. Wonderful farce, I loved the play-within-a-play.    And yes, Peter Gallagher really did touch my knee -- we were sitting in the front row, and Gallagher literally climbed over us to get onto the stage. I hope the current production will be just as good. 

Fiddler on the Roof is being revived this season.  Yes, again.  Fiddler was the very first Broadway show I ever saw, and I have always loved it.  I saw the Alfred Molina revival a few years ago, and I saw a road company at the Tilles Center.  I'm thinking I might like tickets for this production as well.

but what I really want to see?  Something Rotten.   Can you imagine?  A musical about Elizabethan England, with Shakespeare as a sort of rock star?  It's got to be entertaining, I'm sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday