another this and that

Well, I guess I'm not the only one obsessed with "dry skin season".  Yesterday I saw an article on the Daily News' website:  How To Protect The Skin During Cold Winter Months.  Basic rules:  (1) Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize; (2) Reduce length and temperature of showers; (3) Sunscreen isn't just for summer: (4) Protect yourself with petrolatum-based products; (5) Use moisturizing soaps and gentle cleansers instead of exfoliating washes; (6) Do It Yourself  humidifiers are your friend.  Common sense, really.

Good news!  A recent study says coffee is linked to a lower risk of dying form heart disease, stroke, diabetes, neurological diseases and suicide.  Now I can argue that my coffee habit is part of my health regimen!

It's blockbuster movie season again.  Two weeks ago Drew and I saw Spectre. Drew is a huge James Bond fan, but the only Bond films I've seen are Skyfall and Moonraker. I really enjoyed the film, but I'm sure I missed all the subtle salutes to the prior Bond movies. 

This weekend we plan to see Mockingjay Part 2.  Should be interesting.   I read the entire Hunger Games trilogy, Drew did not, and for once I know more than he does about what's going to happen in a movie.

And, of course, we're looking forward to the new Star Wars movie.

I'm starting to think of Jen as my "phantom child".  Really.  We live in the same house, but I haven't seen her in almost a week.  She is out when I am home, and she is home when I am out.  I'm glad she's living her life, but I miss her!

I've actually seen more of Becca than I have of Jen.  She was home last weekend.   She hasn't said anything to me, but I think she may have broken up with the most recent boyfriend.  I took her grocery shopping at Trader Joe's.  Have to make sure the poor kid has food to eat, after all. 

We are in the midst of planning our Thanksgiving feast.  Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, homemade cranberry sauce, pies from Reinwald's, cookies and cannoli from Dortoni's...but it will be a very strange feeling on Thursday, our first holiday since my father passed away...

It looks like we have a plan for New Year's Eve.  Chinese food at one of our favorite restaurants.  Subject to change, of course, as the members of our happy group start griping and carping...I'd really rather go out alone with Drew...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday