dry skin season part 3: oh, the irony

I am blessed with an abundance of hair.  The woman who owns the salon calls my hair a "lion's mane".  I am thankful to have my "mane".

My stylist does an excellent job hiding it...and please don't tell anyone....but there's a lot of gray in that mane.

And in winter dry skin season, my hair can easily turn to straw.


Another of my favorite products:




Marvelous Oil Deep Nourish

I pour a small amount into my palm, rub my hands together, and work the oil through my hair. Or sometimes I'll put a little onto my hairbrush.

The website offers these suggestions for use as well:

Marvelous Oil can be used in any of 5 ways! Try a different use each day.

1. Pre-Shampoo Treatment: Apply to hair (wet or dry) before shampooing to help prime hair locks for gentle cleaning.
2. Boost Conditioning: Add 1 or 2 drops to your conditioner to help get rid of pesky knots and tangles.
3. Blow-Dry Protector: Apply to damp to help protect when blow drying.
4. Finish With Hi-Watt Shine: Apply to damp or dry ends to help smooth split ends and tame flyaways.
5. Treat Hair Overnight: To restore softness while you sleep, work into wet or dry hair and leave in overnight.

I think I might try #2. 

So I was working the oil through my hair the other night, and I started to laugh.

There was a time when my hair produced its own oil.  A lot of oil. So much oil that I joked about curing the energy crisis/oil shortage with just the oil from my hair.    Back then, I scanned the drugstore shelves for products that would remove excess oil from my hair. 

I wouldn't want to repeat my teen years, but...could I have some of that oil back now?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday