another this and that

Halloween has come and gone, and I can't help but wonder how the month of October disappeared.

Yes< I know ...those two weeks were surreal...

I've been fairly consistent about going to synagogue to say Kaddish.  The morning prayer service lasts about 30 minutes, the leader usually speed reads through most of the Hebrew and I can' t really follow along.  It gives me a chance to clear my mind, though.  A few moments to pause and reflect, to prepare myself for the day ahead. It keeps me centered, focused, grounded.

The World Series is over, and the Mets went down in flames.  Sigh.  At least they put on a good show at Citi Field -- Tony Bennett, Demi Lovato and (of course) Billy Joel.  Celebrities in the stands included Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, John Leguizamo, Dennis Miller, Matt Dillon.  They may have won the baseball games, but we won the star power.

It's candy season at my office.  It started with a few Mounds and Almond Joys in a dish in the reception area.  Then there were the Halloween leftovers in the break room.  Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming...If I start eating candy, I may not be able to stop.  the other night Drew had a ton of candy left over, there were only a few trick-or-treaters at his door, and I dove into the leftovers head first...made him put the bag in another room....

Though I have kept up on exercise.  I even managed a trip to Jones Beach the other day.  I'm not sure I want to join a gym.  I'm doing well with workout videos, I'm working at my own pace and feeling good.  I don't know if I'd be comfortable in a gym right now.    Though if I join the JCC, I'll have access to the pool...recreational swimming (I'm not ready to do real lap swimming)...let me give it some thought.

It's Election Day, an off year, just town and county contests.  What did Tip O'Neill say?  "All politics is local."  I think he meant that a candidate must address the concerns of his constituents.  But really, local politics have a larger influence on the average person's life than all that stuff going on in D.C., right?  Of course I will be voting. 

Looking forward to next year, of course.  I'm wondering how the primaries will play out, who will win the nomination of each party.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday