Walking!!!!

Yes, I'm really getting into the fitness thing. 

I was never much of a gym rat.  I disliked gym class, I was never any good at sports, I'm not very coordinated. I like swimming and walking. 

Six years ago, I lost 70 pounds.  Gained it all back, unfortunately, but at least I know how to do it...

I walked it off, with occasional forays into the pool.  Back then, I was still a member of the Y, could use their pool and their track, though I avoided the rooms with all the fancy equipment -- too insecure to use the treadmill or Stairmaster....

 I don't really have a place to go to swim these days, but walking...well, all you really need for walking is a comfortable pair of shoes.

In nice weather -- spring through fall -- you can walk almost anywhere.  go to the park, go to the beach, or just walk through your own neighborhood. 

I'll have to make a Plan B for the winter, of course, but that's months and months away.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying my strolls on the boardwalk.

Can I sing the praises of my Fitbit once again?  It keeps me honest and it keeps me motivated.  I've been walking a lot more since I put that thing on my wrist.  Maybe it's because I love electronic gadgets. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday