May!!!

And at last, the weather is finally getting warmer.  T-shirts, capris, sandals, bliss.

Memorial Day Weekend, the start of the summer season, is just three weeks away.  Drew is already starting to stock up on supplies for the annual start of summer barbecue.  It's going to be a smaller crowd this year, I think, since Drew and his sister are currently estranged. 

My sister said something about opening the backyard pool this year.  the last time we opened our pool was in 2011.  Didn't open the pool in 2012 because my dad was very ill, he spent the summer in the hospital and rehab facility.  Didn't open it in 2013 for the same reasons.  And we never got around to opening it last year.  I'd like to open the pool for the season this year, I'd like to be able to do a lot of swimming, and the backyard is easily accessible...

I've been focusing on physical activity lately, I've been walking a lot.  Swimming would be  a really great way to improve my activity level. 

 Maybe in the fall I will re-join the Y, they have a track and a pool as well as standard gym equipment.  But this time of year it's very easy to be active, as long as it's not raining I can always take a walk.

Yes, I am really looking forward to the warmer weather.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday