summer...I can taste it...

Literally.

One of my favorite summer dishes is pasta salad.

It's easy to prepare, very forgiving.  Cook your pasta, add veggies, dress.  Voila, pasta salad.

I have adapted a recipe I got from my sister.  Her pasta salad is famous in our family.

I  like  to use rotelle or shells.  I'll usually throw in a bag of frozen peas (I don't cook them -- I defrost them by placing them in the colander where I'm about to drain my pasta, and let the cooking water do the rest), shredded carrots, red onion, and bell peppers.  I don't measure the vegetables, I just cut them up and add them until it looks like "enough".

The dressing?  My sister adapted one she found by taking the oil out.  I don't have the original recipe, but I put the oil back in.  Here's what I use:

2 T honey
1 T honey mustard or Dijon mustard
1/4 C balsamic vinegar
3/4 C extra virgin olive oil

Whisk ingredients together and serve over the pasta salad. 

You can use less oil, if you like, or even eliminate the oil altogether.

So simple.  And a real taste of summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday