Dairy Queen?

I am told that I had a deprived childhood because I never ate at  Dairy Queen. 

Well, that was recently remedied.  Dairy Queen just opened a DQ Grill &  Chill in Levittown, and we  had to try it out.

Nice sized restaurant, the parking lot is a bit small and cramped.  Typical fast food style seating, but  wait...is that a fireplace along the wall?  A real fireplace?  Wow...

Menu is typical fast food, too.  Burgers, chicken, hot dogs, fries.  You order at the counter, you're handed a number, you go find a seat, and the server will bring your food to your table.  Very nice touch.

I ordered a chicken tenders basket.  (I used to love the chicken tenders at McDonald's, and was sorry to see them eliminated from the menu; chicken nuggets just don't have the same oomph.)  Six chicken tenders, served with fries, buttered toast (!) and BBQ sauce.  Good meal for the price, probably a bit better than most fast food places.  I love choosing my beverage at the Freestyle Coke machine. 

Drew ordered a burger, and his favorite -- Orange Julius.    Not something that appeals to me, but Drew says it's like an orange slurpee, very sweet. 

Our table was directly under the signs that give you a history of Dairy Queen and a history of Orange Julius, and even information about when the two companies merged.  Interesting reading.

I seldom order dessert, but this being Dairy Queen, I simply had to have a Blizzard.  This month's special is a Candy Cane Chill -- peppermint candy cane pieces and choco chunks blended with creamy vanilla soft serve.  It looked so pink and frothy!    I loved my dessert, even though the pieces of candy cane stuck to my teeth.

Drew didn't order an ice cream treat, but tasted mine.  Drew didn't really care for it.  He would have chosen different mix-ins for his Blizzard. 

So now I have been initiated into the joys of DQ.  And I know we will be back.





Dairy Queen on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday