Brio Tuscan Grille

Lunch with a group of my coworkers, and we wound up at Brio Tuscan Grille at Walt Whitman Shops.

I hadn't been to that shopping center in ages ... When it was still called Walt Whitman Mall ... Must say I am impressed with the upgrades.

But I had forgotten about songbird's rules for parking at Whitman at Christmastime.

Rule number one: Don't. Just don't.

Rule number two: If you must break rule number one, park at the very outskirts of the mall.

Brio is located at the center of the mall. I tried to park nearby, but after fruitless circling, I wound up parking in a distant part of the lot, near Bloomingdales, and hiking back to the restaurant.

It was worth the hike.

We shared a variety of appetizers. The fried calamari was tender and flavorful. Shrimp with eggplant was excellent. Spinach artichoke dip was smooth and creamy. I had bruschetta with fresh tomatoes and mozzarella -- like eating caprese salad on the most delectable bread.

For my entree, I decided to move out of my comfort zone. I ordered campanelle carbonara, bell shaped pasta in a rich cream sauce, with bacon and grilled chicken. It was served with freshly grated Parmesan. I thought the sauce a bit heavy on the bacon taste, but otherwise very good. The pasta a la vodka and chicken piccata with mashed potatoes both looked very appealing.

And yes, we ordered dessert. Most of us got "dolchinos", small portions of dessert served in a parfait glass. I had "key lime pie", a layer of graham cracker crumbs, key lime custard and whipped cream. Perfectly sized and absolutely delicious.

Definitely worth another visit.

Brio Tuscan Grille on Urbanspoon


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday