The color of the day: pink

Spent the day at Jones a Beach with 60,000 of my nearest and dearest.

Yes, it was the annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk at Jones a Beach.

This year I opted to do something different. Instead of walking -- which I did for several years -- I chose to be a volunteer. A group of my friends volunteer every year. We worked the registration tent, making sure walkers turned in their paperwork and collecting donations. With online registration and online fundraising, the tent isn't as busy as it used to be. Still, we had plenty to do.

We had warm, almost summery weather Friday and Saturday, but temperatures plummeted Saturday night. We had a cold, windy morning. Layers worked.

But still they came. Cancer survivors. Health care professionals. College frats. High school cheerleaders. Motorcycle clubs. Everyone has been touched by the dreaded disease.

A gray ocean, beige sand. And a sea of pink along the shore.


A wonderful day.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday