Supermarket workout redux

Yeah, shopping for 8 people and 2 cats...

I park the car, grab a wagon and open the app on my phone ... The shopping list is in the app. First stop is the kiosk where I place my deli order. Sliced turkey, American cheese, prepared salads. If I want a rotisserie chicken or a custom made sandwich, I get them after I place the deli order. Staples like Gabila's knishes and pecorino romano cheese are near the deli counter.

Produce time. Onions, potatoes and bananas seem to be on the list every week. Fruit in season, salad greens, peppers, corn ...

From the store bakery I get Italian bread, muffins, cornbread ... Maybe some special cookies for my dad.

Next up is chicken tenders, ground turkey, occasionally hamburgers...we don't eat a lot of red meat...

I usually buy my health and beauty stuff in the drugstore, but occasionally I'll pick something up in the supermarket -- we go through gallons of hand soap!


Time for the aisles. Soda is a huge "must", you'd think we owned stock in the Coca Cola Company...

This list is certainly not exhaustive, but ...

Typically we need Premium crackers (unsalted tops), breakfast cereal, snack foods like pretzels and Orville Reddenbocker Smartpop, and this time of year we love Mallomars. Sweet mixed pickles, canned pumpkin, tomato purée or sauce or crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, pasta, if I see the no-salt seasoned breadcrumbs I have to grab them ... Must have candy, like Hershey miniatures, my dad has a sweet tooth and these days we indulge it ...

Paper towels, plastic bags, foil wrap ...

Sandwich roles, sliced bread, frozen veggies...

Cat food. Redford will eat anything, but Mr. Kitty needs a special formula ...

Orange juice, eggs, butter, cream cheese, sour cream, milk, cream...

Ice cream!

Back across the store to pick up the deli order and any items I forgot ...

Why is it everything fits in the cart while I'm shopping but not after it's totaled up and bagged?

I love seeing how much I saved by using my rewards card.

Hard to load it all into my car, at least I'll have help unloading it when I get home.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday