Another this and that

Still loving my job, really loving working in the Financial District. There's something so ... vital ... about being in lower Manhattan. The crowds, the people watching, the food ...it can be very exciting.

The file I'm focusing on this week, though...a real groaner. Mishandled for years, I have to create order out of chaos.

Looking forward to a three day weekend. I can't remember the last time I had the day off on Columbus Day. Insurance companies and insurance law firms tend to stay open for Columbus Day and Veteran's Day, and instead choose to close on the day after Thanksgiving. Special circumstances this year ...

The leaves are starting to turn. It's early this year. Most years we don't hit peak color until late October or even early November. Somewhere there is a picture of me, just a few days before Jen was born (her birthday is November 7), in my parents' back yard, surrounded by fall foliage at its peak. I do love the changing colors this time of year.

Sigh. Right now Jen is going through rough times. She needs to get back on track vis a vis her career and education. Wish I could help her ...

Becca, on the other hand, seems to have that very much under control. Loving her job but hating the commute. Planning to go to grad school in 2-3 years.

Sigh. She's still upset about the breakup, they were going out since high school. It sounds like she's moving on, though.

But Jen is seeing more of that guy she met over the summer.

The ups and downs of having daughters, I guess.

Now that the a High Holy Days are over, it's time to start thinking about Halloween. It's on a Friday this year. I have to work, of course, but I'm sure I'll have a bit of whimsy in my day . . .and possibly some spooky activity that night. I'm sure Drew and I can come up with something interesting.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday