Wednesday HodgePodge

 1. What are some memories you associate with spring? 

I always knew spring had arrived when I saw forsythia blooming.  It's everywhere on Long Island, in yards, in parks, along the highway...



And of course there are robins....yeah, Robin likes robins, go figure.



2. April showers bring May flowers...was that saying proven true where you live? Snapdragons, anemones, carnations, lilacs, sweet peas, tulips, lily of the valley, orchids, roses, gardenias...which one on that list is your favorite May bloom?



But a close second



3. What are your top three distractions and how do you deal with them? 

Social media, YouTube and TV.  Sometimes you just have to shut everything off and focus on what needs to be done.

4. Do you eat beef? In the course of a week, how often is beef on the menu? A hamburger, steak, prime rib, or a roast beef dinner...which beef entree would you choose and yes you have to choose. Unless you're a vegan, and then you may pass. 

If you really are going to make me choose, I will have the prime rib, please. I don't eat a lot of beef anymore, at home I cook a lot of chicken and fish, but I do enjoy a burger or a steak when I go out.

5. In what way were you creative during the month of April?

I blogged.  I took photos for the blog.  I chose YouTube videos to post on the blog.  I tried to make the blog interesting.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Song choice for today:


Comments

  1. I'm laughing because my creativity was to post a blog also!!! I didn't use that in my answer though, I may need to go back and add that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have seen a lot of robins here as well. Titus will whisper to me look a robin and we will watch it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom in NJ has so many robins in her yard this time of year. We have fewer robins, but we do have baby bluebirds, lots of purple finch, and others which I enjoy. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. April showers? What are those? It's supposed to rain in April? (We get most of our rain in the winter. By April it's pretty much gone, although last week it rained just enough to make my car filthy.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the forsythias! I just got one from a friend's garden and I'm so excited to plant it in mine.
    Enjoy the rest of April!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never heard of that flower before. I like to watch the bird in our backyard bathing in the birdbath. When I see your background, it makes me think of flying to Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always telling myself that I need to get my camera out and start taking pictures of our new area; alas, it hasn't happened. Neither has blogging much. Gotta get with it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday