Another this and that

 It’s been a strange year, hasn’t it?  A face mask has become the most important fashion accessory...

I’m still working from home, with no idea as to when I’ll be back in the office.  But my company wants us back at our desks e eventually.

Becca is venturing out of town next week.  My world traveler hasn’t been on an airplane since she came home from Barcelona in the middle of last year’s  travel ban panic.  But she’s got a job interview ... the job is in NYC, but company headquarters are elsewhere, so she’s got to fly out to meet the higher ups.  She says it feels weird.

I’m hoping we will all be vaccinated by Mother’s Day so we can have a sense of normalcy.

In non-virus news ...

Drew is dealing with an unfortunate situation...a squirrel has taken up residence in the chimney. I don’t think it can get out.  Animal control has been summoned to relocate the unfortunate beastie. This isn’t the first time it’s happened, but previous guests found their own way out.  Maybe now the landlord will follow Drew’s advice and buy a cap for the chimney.

Duchess has been out of sorts, I think she’s very much aware of the visitor.  I mean, this is a cat who loves to watch the backyard show, especially when the squirrels play on the trees.  She likes birds, too, but squirrels seem to be her favorites.

Drew is buying baseball tickets this week.  We will (hopefully) get to see 7 Long Island Ducks games.  The Ducks have proposed running the ballpark at 50% capacity.   The Ducks games are a lot less formal than Major League Baseball,  and they’re a lot of fun.  

The plan hasn’t been approved yet, but I am hopeful.  Though after what happened to the Mets last weekend ... their series with the Nationals got canceled because several Nats tested positive...

No worries about Jones Beach, it was open last summer and should be ok this year.  I went down there on Sunday to walk on the Boardwalk (photos will be posted Friday).  It felt good to be outside, in the fresh air.  Now that I actually live in the same zip code as the beach, I’m sure I’ll be spending a lot of time down there.

Besides, I sat and did nothing for most of the pandemic; I need to get out and walk.  Really.  And hopefully put the pandemic behind me ...




Comments

  1. It's funny, but the pandemic got me out and walking. It's a habit I hope to take into reopening. Great you'll get to see live baseball again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A