OMG

There’s nothing like hearing Andrea Mitchell on MSNBC tell a national audience about a mass shooting/active shooter situation 11 MILES  FROM MY HOUSE!


Shooting in West Hempstead, NY.  One of my best friends used to live in West Hempstead.


Turned to more local news ... just in time to see the press conference by the Nassau County Police Commissioner.  Shooting took place in a supermarket, in the manager’s office.  One dead, two injured.  Apparent gunman was an employee or former employee.  He’s armed and dangerous and was last seen headed westbound on Hempstead Turnpike — that’s a major artery, NY 24, connects so many Long Island communities.   The Commissioner referred to “the Turnpike” and no one on Long Island had to ask what he meant.


I’m 11 miles away, not in any danger ... but it feels so close.  

Comments

  1. Scary and too close to home! YIKES! I guess I'm getting jaded. We have shootings around here once or twice a year, esp in nearby apartment complexes. None in our neighborhood of one-family homes so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't even heard about this! So I went to CNN and read about it. One of my cousins lives about 11 miles from West Hempstead, in Queens. I do know what it is like to be blocks away from a mass shooting - sadly - (it was my first blog post ever) - very scary and I'm happy the man is in custody. I will not ask again - how many more of these shootings? Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. To many unstable people with guns.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday