Sunday Stealing

 Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!

  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
1. You have just been hired to clean your own home, what is your first complaint?

The clutter...

2. Are you able to ignore a ringing telephone?

Yes.

3. How often do you allow a ringing phone to go to voice mail?

Frequently.  Caller ID is a blessing.

4. Do you answer your cell phone, out in public, every time it rings? Or do you silence it and get back to it when you’re in a more private area?

Depends on who is calling.

5. How often would you say you’re on your home phone? Your cell phone?

My cell phone is my home phone.  I use it once or twice a day for personal business, but my office phone is forwarded to my cell since I work from home, so there are days when I am on the phone for hours.

6. Do you like talking on the phone or do you view it as a necessary communication tool?

Depends on who I am talking to.

7. When did you last go for a bike ride?

When I was 12 years old, I think.

8. Do you own a bike?

Nope.

9. Given the most popular New Year’s resolution of losing weight, would you consider putting bicycle riding as one of your exercise options? Why or why not?

You have got to be kidding, me on a bicycle?

10. If you had to name a smell that always makes you nostalgic, what would it be? What sorts of memories does the smell evoke?

Estee Lauder Youth Dew.  I'm not fond of the smell,  in fact, there was a time when I hated that particular perfume/cologne.  

But the summer before my senior year of college I had a job on the assembly line at one of Estee Lauder's packaging plants.  This facility didn't manufacture product, only packed it for shipment to retailers.  There was no air conditioning at the plant, and Estee Lauder scents tend to be very heavy, so the air was often filled with the smell of product.  But the money was good and I had weekends off.

And aside from the job,  it was a wonderful summer...


11. What did you do over the weekend? No detail is too small. This is your journal, so tell us about the mundane tasks in your life.

I'm writing this on Friday, so I haven't started my weekend yet.  Typical weekends involve hanging out with Drew -- we'll get take out on Friday night and watch TV, and we'll go out to eat Saturday night and then watch a movie or whatever on TV.  The rest of the time, I have chores around my house, grocery shopping, stuff like that. Though now that the weather is getting better, I will also be spending time at some of the local parks.

12. If it weren’t for my blog, I’d _________. 

Find another outlet for my writing.

13. When was the last time you replied “because I said so”? Do you find yourself saying that a lot? Or do you prefer to tell people WHY you want them to do something for you.

Haven't used that phrase since my kids became functioning adults.

14. What is the worst gift you’ve ever received?

I don't recall.

15.  Tell us the worst gift you’ve ever given. What was the reaction of the recipient?  

Drew is hard to buy for.  Sometimes I hit pay dirt and he loves the gift.  Sometimes he doesn't like it, but he's gracious about it.

Comments

  1. Your Estee Lauder questions reminds me of a conversation I had with a high school classmate. She had a coveted job at the Fannie Mae candy store near the bus/train stop. They had a policy of only hiring two students at a time and closed at 3:00 on Saturday and Sunday. I made more babysitting but it meant my Saturday nights were booked. I thought Patty was lucky, she thought I was, insisting I had no idea how sick you could get of the smell of chocolate.

    (You know, I haven't thought of that story for years!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Fannie Mar story reminds me of when I attended college in downtown Milwaukee, WI. It was about 2 blocks from the Ambrosia Chocolate factory. The smell was unbelievable. They had an outlet there where they sold the less than perfect candies. I only LET myself shop there once...after finals of my last class the year I graduated.
      http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. The clutter is a problem at my house too. I pick it up though and it is cluttered again really quickly. Loved your answers! Have a nice day.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah--Youth Dew brings me very fond memories of my Grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't recall last time I rode a bike. Both my sons who are in their early 30's have bikes and ride as a family.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never wanted to be the "because I said so" person, but I learned that kiddos who ask why I want them to do something in class don't want a reason. They want to figure out what they're arguing against.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Estee Lauder stuff is strong. My nose goes out to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I once worked in a perfume establishment locally. I was in the office section but the smell was overwhelming. I have allergies and only lasted a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs PM makes sure there is no clutter. She is a little TOO good at that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree with you! Caller ID is a life saver. You can have your phone and have total control over what you answer...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday