Wednesday HodgePodge

 1. What is something you currently find 'taxing'? 

Discretion being the better part of valor, I  will spare you all my current rant about Covid ....except to say I admire Dr. Fauci and his patience. 

2. I've seen this question asked in various forms on several social media sites...you can only keep three-

coffee, jewelry, tacos, wine, books, dogs, chocolate, Netflix, make-up, leggings, cheese, cats

Which three do you keep and how easy or hard was it for you to decide? 

This was not easy.  Some things are easy to give up -- I have more channels than I can watch, so Netflix can go.  I like wine, but I'm not a heavy drinker.  I prefer sweatpants to leggings.  I don't own a dog.  I can live without makeup, I seldom wear it anyhow.

But coffee, jewelry. tacos, books, chocolate, cheese and cats -- it's hard to narrow things down from that list. Duchess would never forgive me if I tried to get rid of cats.  I guess I will keep chocolate and books...but I will miss my coffee.....

3. Tell us something you know or have learned about forgiveness? 

It took me a long time to learn to let things go, but it was so worth it.  I feel so much better.

4. What's something you'd recommend that is often overlooked and under appreciated? 

The beach in winter.  If you bundle up, it's really quite interesting to spend time by the ocean when the crowds aren't around.

5. Give us a favorite word that starts with letter K and tell us why this is the one you chose. 

The first word that came to mind was "ketchup".  It's an ordinary condiment, we use it all the time.

But the other day Drew mentioned that there's an apparent ketchup shortage, that because of the pandemic we have all been eating a lot more take-out, and restaurants are having trouble keeping themselves supplied.  After he mentioned it I noticed that the ketchup packets I got with my most recent take-out order are a generic brand; this restaurant usually uses Heinz ketchup. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I just watched my next-door neighbor build an above-ground pool.  His kid is going to have a wonderful summer.

Comments

  1. I love the beach in winter. It feels completely different and a little mysterious. Never a bad time to be beside the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby and I usually go to the beach every November. We love it without the crowds. I don't swim in the ocean anymore, so I'm quite content to wear a hoodie and go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not even a summer beach goer, but I think I might would enjoy being near the water in the winter. Blankets and books would be required. I can't share your feelings about Fauci but that's for another discussion. Have a great rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the beach in winter, great answer! Ketchup is another great answer that my brain didn't come up with. Hope the rest of your week goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen that meme floating about, too. And I laugh, because for me it's easy. Books, chocolate, and cats.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday