Raccoon!!!!!!

 


Cute, right?

But not when they take up residence in your chimney!

Seems Mama raccoon thought the chimney at Drew's house would be a good den for her babies.

Yes, an adult raccoon AND BABIES were living in Drew's chimney.

We thought it was a squirrel, but the guy from animal control...well, he chased Mama out of the chimney, then he retrieved the babies.  He put some steel mesh over the opening to the chimney to keep Mama from coming back, and he set traps for her.

I am not asking what happened  to the raccoon family...

But a chimney cap is definitely the next order of business.

Could have been worse, though.  Nothing furry died in the chimney.  

Several years ago my mother had to pay a small fortune to have a deceased raccoon removed from under the pool deck.  We couldn't use the pool until the decedent was removed...the odor...

Ah, the joys of suburban life...

Comments

  1. I wish I couldn't say this, but I can imagine the odor. I have encountered that from time to time. A chimney cap is a good idea. And a spark arrestor if he doesn't already have one. If needed, I can tell the story of how we had a fire in our house on Christmas Eve...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday