Sunday stealing

 Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!

  

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1. What issues are important to you?

I am passionate about politics, and about legal issues.  Spent the better part of three weeks watching the Chauvin murder trial. Accurately predicted the verdict, but nevertheless held my breath when the jury came back.

2. Which breakfast foods are your favorite?

You simply have to come with me to Thomas's Ham & Eggery for an omelette or scramble, served in a skillet with home fries and toast.  

3. How often do you change your hair style?

I've been wearing it the same way for years.

4. Your most peculiar talent or interests?

Interests?  Lots of them.  Broadway musicals.  Star TrekStar Wars.  Harry Potter. Books.  Music from the 1960's, 1970's and 1980's.  Yoga (when my knees allow me).  The beach, especially off season.  Baseball.  History.  Disney.  Cruising.

5. Something you’re a natural at

Argument.  Seriously.  Or perhaps I should have called it "debate".





6. Women who inspire you

Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Kamala Harris, Hilary Clinton

(you're shocked, I'm sure)

7. How often do you take a break from everything?

Not often enough

8. What are your go to dancing songs?



And



but let's not forget




9. Favorite carryout and takeaway foods to order

You're never wrong if you order Chinese.  I'll have the steamed dumplings, some boneless ribs, kung pao chicken, and (from the Thai side of the menu) pineapple fried rice.

10. People you like to spend time with

My boyfriend Drew, of course.  My daughters.  And I have a small group of close friends. 

11. Hobbies you started within the last year

None.

12. What scents, sounds, and sights of Spring do you like?

Robins are my favorite bird.  Can't imagine why...(says the girl named Robin...)

13. Cultural aspects you cherish and enjoy

I think I pretty much covered that in my answer to #4...

But I should also mention...being Jewish isn't just about a religion, it's also a cultural identity.  And I am very proud of my culture and identity.

14. TV shows and films you liked this month

Manifest is back!  Love that show.  

The show is filmed in and around NYC.  Two years ago, when I was still working in lower Manhattan, Manifest filmed a couple of scenes right in front of the building where I worked. We all saw the set, but none of us knew what show was being filmed.  A few weeks later I was watching Manifest, and sure enough...

Some photos of the set:











15. What do people usually come to you for help with?

I've been practicing law for decades, what do you think people ask me for?  

The last time I did work for a friend, it was a guy who had neglected to respond to a jury summons...actually, several summonses...and was afraid he would be arrested.  And the reason he didn't respond?  A stroke had left him with cognitive defects, so he was permanently exempt from jury duty. I drove him to the courthouse and his problem was easily resolved. Felt good to help him.


Comments

  1. Back before the Covid shut down, we Chicagoans found ourselves at the mercy of Empire, Chicago PD, Chicago Fire and whatever the third one is called. At first it was exciting, then it was a pain. I liked looking at your photos. I hope when we call go back to work, I'll find it exciting again. Because it really is cool. I just got so into my own life and schedule that I let myself get annoyed. THAT CROSSWALK IS CLOSED ... AGAIN?!

    I'm so glad you were able to help your friend. He must have been terrified.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back in the day, Law & Order would film on the steps of the courthouse at 60 Centre Stree. Royal pain when you had to go to court while they were filming, I did get a glimpse of Steven Hill and Sam Waterson once

      Delete
  2. I love ABBA.

    My last jury summons I responded that I was over 70 with a questionable bladder, and I've never been called again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ABBA. I have always wanted to serve on a jury but have been dismissed every time I've been called because I was a news reporter. I knew I would be from working in law offices. They don't really want jurors who know things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your choice of dancing songs! I, too, tend to wear my hair the same way all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't change my hair very often--and when/if I ever do, I change it back to "this" style that I've worn for 30 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did anyone really start any new hobbies last year? I guess baking break is a hobby? But I don't really know anyone who did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omelette I do love, but it been while.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  8. We both picked Dancing Queen. It's a lot of fun.

    I bet you can argue. lol Another long time friend, also a Juris Doctor, once said that she loved to get into it with pesky neighbors who said that feeding of outside cats inside her own basement walls was "actionable" because it drew Raccoons. So did dog food on their own back step. lol
    Oh I love Omelets, too. Very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I WEREN't passionate about politics - I want to change it so that I don't care. It is diffcult.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday