Another this and that

 People who think sports and politics should never intersect forget what happened on this day in 1947 and why the number “42” has been retired on every team in Major League Baseball.  Looking forward to this year’s All Star Game in Atlanta Denver.

Should be interesting at the Hall of Fame induction in Cooperstown this year.

Picked up a new prescription yesterday and almost died when the pharmacist told me what my copayment would be.  Got home, looked up the retail cost of the medication ...and gladly paid the copayment.

I’ve been watching the Chauvin trial ... I think the prosecution did an excellent job, the defense case was weak.  But the prosecutor has to convince all 12 jurors, defense counsel only has to convince one ... Deliberations start Monday.  

Becca is flying to California tomorrow.  First time she’s getting on a plane since she came home from Barcelona last year right after the travel ban was imposed. It’s a business trip, a job interview.  She’s nervous and excited.  I’m trying not to worry too much.

Drew and I are thinking road trip for our summer vacation.  We are hesitant to go far while we’re still dealing with the pandemic.  Pennsylvania seems like a possibility.

Since I accidentally grew yams in my kitchen, I’m going to try growing a few plants again.  I’ll start with succulents, they are low maintenance.

Sigh ... another rainy day ... longing for some sunlight ...



Comments

  1. All those rainouts for the Mets! My husband is so frustrated with the rain. We have snow in our forecast (possibly) for tomorrow morning. Yes, the weather can be frustrated. We don't have long distance travel plans, either. It will be a while. Also, I am convinced Chauvin will be found innocent and next week will be interesting. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wound up watching a Yankees game the other day because the Mets were rained out. Yanks aren't looking very good this year. As for Chauvin, when the "blue wall" crumbled I saw some hope.

      Delete
  2. Cases are down in CA, so Becca should be fine. Where in CA is she interviewing?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A