Music Monday

 Today's theme?  They say April showers bring May flowers, so make it rain people!  Be creative about where your source of moisture comes from.


Well, I am starting with Karen Carpenter.  What an amazing performer she was!  And such a clear alto voice.  Back in junior high, the only time we altos got to sing the melody was when we did a Carpenters song.  




Purple being my favorite color, you know that I have to include this song...



And if you think purple rain is a bit weird, how about coinage?






Or better yet 




Gene Kelley didn't seem to mind the rain





CCR wants to know who will stop the rain...



(Did you ever think rain was so political?)

If the rain doesn't stop, you can stand under Rhianna's umbrella




And after the rain...







Comments

  1. Robin,

    Nice set of songs but you got me with The Carpenters' "Rainy Days and Mondays". That song always puts me in such a melancholy mood. I hope there's nothing but sun and blue skies hanging over you today, my friend. Thanks for joining the 4M crew on the dance floor. Have a boogietastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these songs, especially Purple Rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My computer froze up just as I was commenting, so here I am, trying again. Hearing The Carpenters always makes me a bit wistful; I loved Karen Carpenter so. But never mind me, we picked a couple of the same songs, and these were all great selections. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A